Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Thankful and Reflective

I am just so thankful for this amazing weather. It has been a very, very hard winter for me, and all this sun and warm weather is just filling me back up. There was a nasty storm very early this morning, but no harm no foul, the sun is bright this afternoon.

I have been saying a prayer of thanks almost every time I go outside, that's how grateful I am.

I think I ate my way through the last two or three months to keep myself going, and it is not pretty. Almost nothing I own fits, and if it does, it looks like crap.

I'm telling you this in hopes that if you're going through something similar, you won't feel alone.

I was very lonely in my pity party, and I pushed my husband away a little. It was very wrong of me, but I couldn't help myself. Now that the weather is looking up, I've exercised a little, and I'm eating less. I've pulled my husband closer and hope that I can keep it up.

Don't ever let dark and cold get the best of you, it will turn you into a person you don't like very much. Not only did I gain a lot of weight, I broke out with zits from eating too many unhealthy foods. I've been feeling very ugly and unproductive.

On a different note, my quilt top is almost done from the shop hop in Feb, I've been posting pics on my facebook and flickr. I may be starting a civil war reproduction, depending on my finances in July. It's another hop, with four stores this time instead of 6.

I'm also trying to use up some of my jewelry supplies, and selling off unused scrapbook supplies on Yardsellr.

1 comment:

  1. Sending you love and healing thoughts! Thankfulness is a very good practice to get into the habit of doing.

    I really recognise your feelings of despair as I have bipolar disorder which is now very stable. Glad to hear you are turning a corner!

    ReplyDelete