Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sewing Old Frontiers?

So about a month or two ago, I decided I was going to start quilting.

Quilting has been turned into a stereotypical thing of an old lady.

Decades ago, quilting was for women of all ages. My cousin and I are quilting, and when we enter the quilt shops, we get a mixture of welcome and disdain. Some of the women look down on us, and others let us know how happy they are to see "young people" quilting. When did such a pastime get turned into a hobby reserved for older people?

Anyway, on my quilting journey, I've learned that I can't do other things while I'm quilting. For example, I was half watching tv, half participating in a conversation, and I realized as soon as I was finished attaching a square, that it was upside down. I laughed my butt off for a few minutes, then decided to take it apart and move along. The hijinx weren't over yet though..
I was starting to seam rip the upside down piece, and I realized I was seam ripping the right side up piece. DOH! So I quickly sewed that side back up and went to work on the other side.
I suck. =)

I just thought I'd share my folly in hopes that you'd get a quick laugh, and maybe feel that you have a commiserate in your own follies.

1 comment:

  1. LOL! I would be exactly the same! I find it so hard to concentrate on only one thing at a time!

    ReplyDelete