Pages

Sunday, December 12, 2010

A Few More Dollars...

So I fell for the best marketing ploy (in my opinion) ever. Offer something your customer wants, and for a few bucks more, more of the great thing your customer wants.

I bought inception yesterday, and not only did I mull over the regular DVD, I stared at the combo pack. The combo pack was the DVD, Blueray, and a digital copy. (I can watch movies on my phone). I put them both in my cart and went on with my shopping to keep mulling it over.

I tried scanning it at the find the price now kiosk, but the wrapper was too shiney, so I just proceeded to check out. I scanned the combo pack, trying to decide how much more I was willing to pay for the combo pack. I realized it was really only four or five dollars more, and I was receiving essentially, three movies. Yes, it's the same movie, but three versions of the same movie. I can watch it on my phone while standing in line, enjoy the DVD now at home, and later, when we get the PS3, I can watch the Blueray. Win-win for me, and ULTRA win for Warner Bros and Wal-mart.

*sigh* I love marketing ploys.

No comments:

Post a Comment