Pages

Friday, December 10, 2010

Random Recipe #3: Beer Bread


Beer Bread

I love beer bread. My husband hates beer, but he loves beer bread too. It's almost a food staple at this house. I'm a Partylite Consultant, but when I need to appease the beer bread fans and don't have a box of mix handy, I use this recipe.

Photo courtesy of Partylite
http://partylite.biz/sites/MelissaAdamsKurtz



Oven Prep: 375 degrees Fahrenheit

3 c flour (I just use run of the mill all purpose flour)
1/4 c sugar (the original recipe I found called for 3 tablespoons, but it was too bland that way)
1 T baking powder
1 t salt
12 oz beer (a full can or 12 oz bottle)
1 T melted butter to top

mix dry ingredients, add beer (at this point it will foam a lot, don't worry), stir, grease loaf pan, pour mixture into pan, top with butter, bake for 35-40 minutes.

Sometimes I add cinnamon or rosemary to make flavored bread. This would probably be good with shredded cheese baked in as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment