Pages

Monday, December 6, 2010

Wisdom Piece

You know, I thought this was common sense, but I guess not so much.

**warning, I am angry, and I say threatening and mean things that I don't intend as such when I'm angry**

Well, let's call this guy Ralphie, and Ralphie isn't the brightest crayon in the box, but I know he's a hard worker. He hasn't worked in like a year.

So I gun for him to get an open position at a new client. My boss fights me a little, but I call Ralphie, tell him I am putting some faith in him, but it's my ass if he doesn't come through. He is all excited and assures me my ass lineage isn't in vain. Now this guy is supposed to be my friend, so of course I trust him and gun for him a little harder. I have gained my confidence in him.

So we put him on the job. Two days in, he calls and says, I can't be there tomorrow because I have a job interview that I can't reschedule... HELLO?!?! I JUST GAVE YOU A JOB, WHY DO YOU NEED A DIFFERENT ONE?!?!?! I had left for the day, and my boss calls me PISSED.

Thank goodness my boss likes me better than to just can me over this, but it looks like hell on our part, we sent this client an idiot who doesn't show up. Great. It's sad of me, but I hope they don't ask him to come back and replace his silly ass for being ambitious... Of course, it isn't very ambitious when the interview is for a crappier job that pays $.50 more with less hours. Like I said, he isn't the brightest crayon in the box. But who am I to judge dream jobs?

The moral of this story: Don't put your ass on the line for someone

Moral #2 Don't tell your current employer when you have an interview- if you can't schedule it after work, lie like a rug and say you are sicker than a dog.

Moral #3 Beggars can't be choosers, if some one puts enough faith in you to give you a job, you don't decide that three days in you're willing to put that job on the line for something you're not even sure will be yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment