Pages

Friday, December 3, 2010

Introductions

Well, I figured I would take this opportunity to lay some things out upon the table.

I was born Melissa Marie Adams, in Farmington Hills, MI. I was raised half in Walled Lake, MI and half in Byron, MI. I've also lived in Fenton and Haslett, both in Michigan. I currently live with my husband and our roommate in Howell, MI. (Not really a roommate when he has his own room, but ya know...)

I graduated from Byron High School, attended Lansing Community College for a while, and am currently struggling along at ITT Tech in Swartz Creek.

I've worked fast food, sit down restaurants, craft stores, Wal-mart, a payday advance store, a packaging company, and currently a staffing agency.

I have an African Gray Parrot named Neo and a Ball Python that doesn't have a name. I rescued him and am trying to find the little snake a home.

My parents have another African Gray named Rosey, and a Redcrested Amazon Parrot named Turk. We were supposed to be babysitting Turk, but his original owner never claimed him. It's been around two years now. *shrug* We're happy, we love him. We used to have dogs who passed on after long, happy lives. Spike was a black and white Rat Terrier, and Choppers a redish brown and white pitbull. I miss them dearly, but don't think I want anymore dogs.

I've also owned many gerbils, hamsters, guinea pigs, another Ball Python that I gave back to my ex, cats that I rescued, and parakeets galore. I can't remember a time when I haven't owned a parakeet. My husband isn't too keen on parakeets, so I left little LB with my parents. LB stands for Little Bird, creative huh?

I like heavy metal, classic rock and alternative. I appreciate some pop and dance music as well. I'm not too keen on country or soft rock. I like to listen to some classical and jazz too.

I'm pretty crafty, but I have a sort of attention problem with my projects. I'll start one, get about half way through, then start another one, afraid I'll forget about the super cool idea I have to try that instant. Yeah, my brain really works like that.

I can sew, crochet/knit (not well), paint, bake, draw, scrapbook and all other manner of papercrafts. I do well with making greeting cards, they are short projects I can usually complete fairly quickly. I can also sculpt with clay.

I like to write, and keep starting a novel, but never finish. The story either fizzles out, or I forget what I was going to write. Did I mention I'm scatter-brained?

I love to read. I will sit down and devour an entire 500 page novel if alotted the time.

TV doesn't interest me too much, but the Food Network and Animal Planet are good. I'd watch HBO and Cinemax if I got them, but that package was too expensive. *shrugs* whatever I really want to watch I can look up online, or rent the season DVDs.

There is probably more I think you should know, so maybe I'll post it at a later time.

No comments:

Post a Comment